Noun(1) a variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game; now generally superseded by contract bridge(2) the public sale of something to the highest bidder
Verb(1) sell at an auction
(1) A copy of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic has been sold at auction for almost 400,000 euros.(2) If you decide to sell items at auction take the advice of a good firm of auctioneers.(3) There is next an auction to decide who will be the declarer.(4) Each hand begins with an auction in which players can bid a contract that they are prepared to play.(5) Others were sold off at auction and are strewn across the world.(6) It also became the most expensive sculpture ever sold at auction .(7) Lancashire County Council, which owns the home, have put the building up for sale at an auction to be held in Manchester on October 15.(8) The buying and selling of horses at auction is a peculiar practice.(9) They attended an auction for the sale of the property which was held on 7 April 2001.(10) an auction sale(11) According to the company, this will be the first time the local government has held such a public auction to sell land.(12) Donations for the auction and sale will be gratefully accepted.(13) A collection of classic motorbikes worth more than Ôö¼├║10,000 are to be sold at auction .(14) The valuables could be identified immediately if a thief tries to sell them at auction .(15) A vintage 1929 Mercedes Benz was sold at auction last week to an anonymous buyer.(16) At the beginning of each hand there is an auction to decide who will be declarer.
(1) auction house :: guriga xaraashka
(2) auction off :: xaraasho
(3) public auction :: xaraashka dadweynaha
(4) silent auction :: xaraashka aamusan
(5) auction sale :: sale xaraashka
(6) auction market :: suuqa xaraashka
(7) put up for auction :: oo ilaa for xaraashka
1. auction sale ::
2. vendue ::
3. auction off ::
4. auctioneer ::
auction, auctioned, auctioneer, auctioneers, auctioning, auctions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- There's only 30 seconds left in the AUCTION.
- Do you have $800?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
Jewellery shops, vans, AUCTION houses.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
- How did you get it?
- Bought it at AUCTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
not because they'd been
bought at an AUCTION.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Jewelleries, AUCTION houses
and security vans.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
English to Somali Dictionary: auction
Meaning and definitions of auction, translation in Somali language for auction with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of auction in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "auction"
What auction means in Somali, auction meaning in Somali, auction definition, examples and pronunciation of auction in Somali language.