Noun(1) blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime(2) blue clothing(3) any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue(4) the sky as viewed during daylight(5) used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge(6) the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic(7) any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
Verb(1) turn blue
Adjective(1) of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky(2) used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms(3) filled with melancholy and despondency(4) characterized by profanity or cursing(5) suggestive of sexual impropriety(6) belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy(7) morally rigorous and strict(8) causing dejection
(1) He always picks out white shirts until he doesn't have any left, and then he wears blue .(2) Victims suffered from acute cyanosis, a blue discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes.(3) There may also be obvious cyanosis (when the lips and/or skin appears blue due to lack of oxygen in the blood).(4) The rest of its body looked as if it were a giant blue lizard, standing on its hind legs like an angered bear.(5) According to zoology, the origin of blue bull is not traced to the species of cow.(6) So there must be a red quark, a blue quark and a green quark.(7) Caroline finished her toilette by herself, wearing a simple morning frock of blue .(8) The rest of the trail is rated blue /intermidiate but I think that it's only due to some recent storm damage from earlier this year.(9) This laundry starch company began producing laundry blue in 1852 by using a combination of a synthetic ultramarine and sodium bicarbonate.(10) Well, that day in the woods as I cursed a blue streak, he stood by, smiling and laughing at me.(11) Check your charts, your boat and supplies, then head out into the blue .(12) Maybe the rain brings more blue mood for me and a three year anniversary reminds me to look back to see what happened in the days before.(13) The powdery blue kingfisher has a more varied diet than the name suggests.(14) The air then turned blue as Smith gave vent to his feelings both on the way back to the dressing room and, even more volubly, in the dressing room.(15) Use blue if you have games for five year olds and brown if your visitors are color-blind.(16) In 1765, Whatman discovered a means of whitening paper by adding laundry blue to the typically yellowed paper pulp.
(1) blue eyes :: indhaha buluuga ah
(2) light blue :: buluug light
(3) dark blue :: buluug madow
(4) out of the blue :: ka mid ah buluug
(5) deep blue :: buluug ah oo qoto dheer
(6) blue jeans :: jiinis buluug
(7) blue jean :: Jean buluug
2. depressed ::
3. gentle ::
4. puritanical ::
5. down in the mouth ::
6. blueish ::
8. profane ::
9. dark ::
13. blue devil ::
1. clean ::
2. decent ::
3. wholesome ::
blue, blued, blueish, blueness, blues, bluing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Not that BLUE stuff.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Only two people l know
connected with the BLUE stuff.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
and you squeeze my fingers
till they turn BLUE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
Name's Diesel. Heard you
maybe had some of the BLUE.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
Where's the what?
The BLUE color.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
English to Somali Dictionary: blue
Meaning and definitions of blue, translation in Somali language for blue with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of blue in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "blue"
What blue means in Somali, blue meaning in Somali, blue definition, examples and pronunciation of blue in Somali language.