Noun(1) a specialized division of a large organization(2) the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France(3) a specialized sphere of knowledge
(1) In the rhythm department bassist Jeff Halsey was unflappable and clearly has much to offer.(2) he was a bit lacking in the height department(3) The matter has now been handed over to the environmental department of the City Council.(4) the story was all over the department(5) he wasn't too great in the brains department(6) I thought pubs were your department(7) The scheme is based on a proposal by the University of Paisley's department of economics.(8) Neil Hewitt, who works in the housing department of Medway council in Kent, is hoping to train as an inspector.(9) he was a lecturer in the department of history(10) How is it that the drama department of the University has achieved such distinguished output?(11) Ponting himself is relishing the responsibility because he has had a chequered past in that department .(12) And the Aussies, the world's sledging experts, reckon he is a soft touch in that department .(13) He ran a post office and now works in the education department of Rochdale council.(14) that's not my department(15) sorry, that's not my department(16) There was a department of Indian Theatre in the university through which I used to act.
(1) department store :: dukaanka waaxda
(2) sales department :: waaxda iibka
(3) finance department :: waaxda maaliyadda
(4) purchasing department :: waaxda wax iibsiga
(5) accounting department :: waaxda xisaabaadka
(6) accounts department :: waaxda xisaabaadka
(7) personnel department :: waaxda shaqaalaha
(8) marketing department :: waaxda suuq-
(9) head of department :: oo madax ka ah waaxda
(10) legal department :: waaxda sharciga
1. division ::
2. domain ::
3. section ::
department, departmental, departments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I got a buddy over at
the Department of Defense.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Artificial women are your DEPARTMENT.
You wanna take this?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
Oh, it's great. Everybody in the Engineering
Department is eating their hearts out.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
CalTech Department of Applied Physics.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
of Applied Physics.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
English to Somali Dictionary: department
Meaning and definitions of department, translation in Somali language for department with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of department in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "department"
What department means in Somali, department meaning in Somali, department definition, examples and pronunciation of department in Somali language.