Noun(1) a piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments
(1) They walked together with me from the reception desk to the security check area.(2) I woke shortly after dawn, which is normal, and sat down at my desk for the morning writing session.(3) They walked up to the reception desk and were met with a waiter who led them to a small table for two.(4) He began by telling us that he had no score; so he stood up alongside of the first-violin desk and prepared to conduct.(5) I went into the apartment building, there was a young man sitting at a desk , reading some book.(6) Intriguingly enough, you didn't try to make a big name for yourself as a cellist but kept your eye on a conducting career from the cello desk .(7) I pulled on my night gown and sat at the small desk and wrote in my journal as I always did.(8) They laughed and hurried sheepishly downstairs, leaving the key on the reception desk in the hotel lobby.(9) My producer reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a few pieces of paper held together with a paper clip.(10) She sat down on the chair at her desk and pulled a small mirror out of the top desk drawer.(11) the reception desk(12) he landed a job on the sports desk(13) She runs the information desk - you would have seen her earlier when you signed in.(14) I checked in at the desk and found myself a couch near the bathroom on which to relax.(15) When I got to the hotel lobby it was deserted so I just left my room key behind the reception desk and headed out into the street.(16) As I got through the main doors, just to the right of the information desk , I saw this amazing space.
(1) help desk :: caawimo miiska
(2) front desk :: miiska hore
(3) information desk :: miiska macluumaadka
(4) on the desk :: on miiska
(5) cash desk :: miiska lacag caddaan ah
(6) desk clerk :: karaaniga miiska
(7) reception desk :: miiska soo dhaweynta
(8) check-in desk :: hubiyo-in miiska
(9) writing desk :: miiska qoraal
(10) student desk :: miiska ardayga
1. writing table ::
2. bureau ::
3. escritoire ::
4. secretaire ::
5. rolltop desk ::
6. carrel ::
7. workstation ::
8. worktable ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That is my DESK chair.
That is where I work.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
Sheldon, why do you have all these
unopened paychecks in your DESK?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
Next stop: Washington, D.C.
Sitting behind a DESK,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
back at HQ riding a DESK
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
All right, this is my DESK.
These are my books.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Somali Dictionary: desk
Meaning and definitions of desk, translation in Somali language for desk with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of desk in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "desk"
What desk means in Somali, desk meaning
in Somali, desk definition, examples and pronunciation
of desk in Somali language.