Noun(1) a vote to select the winner of a position or political office(2) the act of selecting someone or something; the exercise of deliberate choice(3) the status or fact of being elected(4) the predestination of some individuals as objects of divine mercy (especially as conceived by Calvinists
(1) His memoir won the prize which in turn was the main reason for his election to the Academy.(2) County councillors are members of the public who stand for election to serve the people of Essex.(3) an election year(4) his election to the House of Representatives(5) The fact that he was an unprincipled liar whose election was bought with Mafia help counted for nothing.(6) Among his many foreign honours was election to the AcadÔö£┬«mie des Sciences of Paris.(7) the 1860 presidential election(8) This and his election to a praetorship for 62 established him as a man of power and importance.(9) the election of the chairman(10) the first of his family to run for election(11) She is the first member of a party other than the Labour Party to win election to the postal executive.(12) His housemate was Campaigns Officer when I first stood for election to the council.(13) From this platform he launched his campaign for election to the Lower House in 1958.(14) he agreed to stand for election(15) That same year he gained election to a fellowship at St John's College, Cambridge.(16) He continued as a paid consultant to the company long after his election to the Dail in 1997.
(1) general election :: doorashada guud
(2) presidential election :: doorashada madaxtinimada
(3) election campaign :: ololaha doorashada
(4) by-election :: by-doorashada
(5) election day :: maalinta doorashada
(6) re-election :: dib-u-doorashada
(7) election results :: natiijooyinka doorashada
(8) primary election :: doorashada hoose
(9) preliminary election :: doorashada hordhaca ah
(10) free election :: doorashada free
1. ballot ::
2. vote ::
3. popular vote ::
cod caan ah
4. ballot box ::
6. acclamation ::
7. primary ::
election, electioneer, electioneered, electioneering, electioneers, elections
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maester Aemon became quite ill
shortly after the ELECTION.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
And all the others who had
stood for ELECTION against me.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
English to Somali Dictionary: election
Meaning and definitions of election, translation in Somali language for election with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of election in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "election"
What election means in Somali, election meaning
in Somali, election definition, examples and pronunciation
of election in Somali language.