Noun(1) a device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces(2) an enthusiastic devotee of sports(3) an ardent follower and admirer
Verb(1) strike out (a batter, of a pitcher(2) make (an emotion(3) agitate the air(4) blow away or off with a current of air
(1) Firefighters had been monitoring hotspots but there were worries that increasing wind might fan the flames.(2) fan vaulting(3) His 10 strikeouts in 179 plate appearances make him the hardest to fan , by far, in the American League.(4) Amusingly, as it stirred the hot air in the room, it caused the ceiling fan to rotate slowly.(5) They select those news reports that are consistent with their preferred thinking, especially those that fan national emotions.(6) Once the car gets cool, then you can obviously switch off the air conditioner and let the fan rotate the cool air.(7) Sammy felt like whipping out a paper fan and waving it crazily in front of her face.(8) Up to 2000 m of alluvial fan and fan delta deposits of early Cretaceous age are preserved in the Coastal Cordillera.(9) When the weather turns hot, workers fan their wings at the entrance to the hive, cooling it.(10) Males continuously fan the eggs to aerate them and to prevent silt from settling on them.(11) I'm a fan of this author(12) I used my hand to fan my face, which felt ridiculously hot.(13) The only thing that everyone could hear was the sound of the ceiling fan rotating.(14) The burning gases keep the shaft turning by rotating a fan before exiting the engine.(15) Needles of light, frozen rays, shot out from her back, spreading out like a fan , with a thin light webbing in between each.(16) Anzuko was drawing a portrait of Suzume for fun while Suzume posed by lying down and holding an open fan casually.
(1) ceiling fan :: taageere saqafka
(2) table fan :: taageere miiska
(3) electric fan :: taageere korontada
(4) exhaust fan :: taageere dhammayn
(5) fan club :: kooxda taageere
(6) fan belt :: taageere suunka
(7) fan out :: taageere baxay
(8) sports fan :: taageere sports
(9) be a fan of :: taageero u yahay
1. ventilator ::
2. enthusiast ::
3. sports fan ::
4. buff ::
6. intensify ::
8. winnow ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I wrote a FAN letter to you
when I was a child in Texas...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
I would've invited you,
but you're not a FAN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
his Grey's Anatomy online FAN group
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
Damn, I don't know
if he's our biggest FAN or I'm his.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
I'm a FAN of the hardwood.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Somali Dictionary: fan
Meaning and definitions of fan, translation in Somali language for fan with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fan in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "fan"
What fan means in Somali, fan meaning
in Somali, fan definition, examples and pronunciation
of fan in Somali language.