Noun(1) a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War(2) any federal law-enforcement officer
Adjective(1) national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units(2) of or relating to the central government of a federation(3) being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War(4) characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
(1) Funding for the programs is shared between the federal government and the states.(2) At present, however, the federal government has no power to deploy troops unilaterally.(3) Many of these training programmes are provided free of charge by state and federal government agencies.(4) Drinking alcohol is theoretically illegal in India under the terms of the federal constitution.(5) Although the federal government has not challenged the ruling, it has failed to comply with it.(6) That said, the funds are unlikely to approach the level of transfers found in traditional federal systems.(7) Guinn's concerns have been supported by data collected by the federal government itself.(8) The fact that a matter might or might not give rise to a claim under federal jurisdiction does not constitute it as a claim.(9) This figure is nearly four times the number that the federal government admits.(10) The federal agency is best known for guiding judges to set consistent prison terms.(11) The prisons retain a federal connection to the central administration in Moscow.(12) Do you mean, what about regional devolution like that which might occur under a federal European government?(13) Because of the mix of state and federal responsibilities the politics of obesity are complex indeed.(14) The takeover of all branches of the federal government by the extreme right is now virtually complete.(15) It is a federal responsibility and for the States to intrude in a general way makes for uncertainty.(16) The Justice Department, an arm of the federal government, is now enforcing religious doctrine.
(1) federal government :: xukuumadda federaalka
(2) federal law :: sharciga federaalka
(3) federal funds :: lacagaha federaalka
(4) federal court :: maxkamad Federaal ah
(5) federal state :: gobolka federaalka
(6) federal budget :: miisaaniyadda federaalka
(7) federal agency :: hay'adda federaalka
(8) federal republic :: Jamhuuriyadda federaalka
(9) federal employee :: shaqaalaha federaalka
(10) federal grants :: deeqo federaal ah
1. union ::
2. federal official ::
rasmiga ah ee federaalka
3. fed ::
federal, federalism, federalist, federalists, federalization, federalize, federalizes, federally, federals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Federal witness protection,
that's a good deal.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
I'm afraid as a FEDERAL employee
on loan from NASA,00:058
00:03:04,769 --> 00:03:06,646
your name can be on the patent, but...
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
[FEDERAL CIVIL DEFENSE
"DUCK AND COVER" PLAYS]
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Hacking into it is a FEDERAL crime.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
You know, the inside of our mailbox
is under FEDERAL jurisdiction,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Somali Dictionary: federal
Meaning and definitions of federal, translation in Somali language for federal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of federal in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "federal"
What federal means in Somali, federal meaning
in Somali, federal definition, examples and pronunciation
of federal in Somali language.