Noun(1) a sudden intense burst of radiant energy(2) a momentary brightness(3) a short vivid experience(4) a sudden brilliant understanding(5) a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat(6) a gaudy outward display(7) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate(8) a short news announcement concerning some on-going news story(9) a bright patch of color used for decoration or identification(10) a lamp for providing momentary light to take a photograph
Verb(1) gleam or glow intermittently(2) appear briefly(3) display proudly; act ostentatiously or pretentiously(4) make known or cause to appear with great speed(5) run or move very quickly or hastily(6) expose or show briefly(7) protect by covering with a thin sheet of metal(8) emit a brief burst of light
Adjective(1) tastelessly showy
(1) You leave a small tip and your companion thinks you're a cheapskate; a large one and she thinks you're a flash git.(2) There was a sudden flash that lit up the entire sky, changing the night to day for an instant.(3) Paul is manic and edgy on stage, with the occasional flash of surreal genius.(4) Mary looked at him then, looked at him for the first time since he'd come into the room, and she felt a brief flash of pity.(5) He drives a top of the range Mercedes but has not indulged himself with a fleet of the sort of flash cars favoured by some in the football world.(6) It is simply the case that in this world of convenience, flash holidays and big cars, working the land has lost its appeal.(7) They're stylish but not too flash , and practical too!(8) I'd always known that Mark was a bit of flash git.(9) The phone also is equipped with a camera featuring an attachable flash .(10) The flash car finally pulled up at a very large house with lots of trees and flowers beautifully landscaped.(11) People flash coy looks at one another, hoping that they won't be asked to make the first move and speak about what they make of it all.(12) He was hit with a sudden flash of vertigo, and his stomach rolled over in a lazy lurch.(13) A heliograph was a communications system consisting of two mirrors on a tripod used to flash signals with sunlight.(14) The trailing edge smoothed out well and the excess plastic flash just fell off.(15) If you are unable to completely turn the flash off on your camera you won't be able to achieve the look that you want.(16) She had a big flash house, probably a big flash car and loads of money in the bank.
(1) flash point :: dhibic flash
(2) flash card :: kaarka flash
(3) flash flood :: flash daad
(4) in a flash :: in flash a
(5) flash drive :: flash drive
(6) flash back :: iftiimiyo dib
(7) flash memory :: xasuusta flash
(8) hot flash :: flash kulul
(9) flash of lightning :: flash hillaac
1. flare ::
2. emblem ::
3. burst ::
4. news bulletin ::
5. ostentation ::
6. flashing ::
7. photoflash ::
8. blink of an eye ::
bilig bilig ah isha
9. light up ::
11. expose oneself ::
qofka soo bandhigaan
12. zoom ::
13. ostentate ::
14. blink ::
15. dart ::
16. flashy ::
flash, flashed, flasher, flashers, flashes, flashing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Because he's neither tall nor immortal,
and none of us could be the Flash.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Ooh, Batman FLASH drive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
- Not for long.
- I call dibs on the Golden Age Flash.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
...causing my Flash 123
to goeth to Wolowitz.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
Little parenting tip,
sleeping babies hate FLASH photography.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
English to Somali Dictionary: flash
Meaning and definitions of flash, translation in Somali language for flash with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of flash in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "flash"
What flash means in Somali, flash meaning
in Somali, flash definition, examples and pronunciation
of flash in Somali language.