Noun(1) an acrobatic feat in which the feet roll over the head (either forward or backward(2) hot or cold alcoholic mixed drink containing a beaten egg(3) a sudden, quick movement(4) the act of flipping a coin(5) a dive in which the diver somersaults before entering the water(6) (sports
Verb(1) lightly throw to see which side comes up(2) cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation(3) look through a book or other written material(4) toss with a sharp movement so as to cause to turn over in the air(5) cause to move with a flick(6) throw or toss with a light motion(7) move with a flick or light motion(8) turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse(9) react in an excited, delighted, or surprised way(10) go mad, go crazy(11) reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action
Adjective(1) marked by casual disrespect
(1) Please, please, flip your hair or throw yourself on the couch: anything but this!(2) What's more, because I made a flip remark in my old gallery pages about one of my colleagues looking like said film star, it's also on the first page.(3) A quick test is to flip every sexual reference in an account from male to female and gauge your reaction.(4) About whether your wife wants to be with you in the future: well, I don't intend to be flip , but don't ask me, ask her.(5) I really don't mean to be flip , but it is that simple.(6) Simply assign one option to ├ö├ç├┐heads├ö├ç├û and the other option to ├ö├ç├┐tails├ö├ç├û, commit yourself to the decision of the coin, and flip away.(7) His respect for women increased after that; I'm not sure if he was serious, or being flip , when he said that.(8) He drank glass after glass of flip , until he'd achieved a superb, shimmering calm.(9) Tabitha turned with a flip of her hair and strode away.(10) Though they then ruin the effect by making an amateurish mistake on a flip reference to cricket.(11) You can't always see electricity until you flip the switch on.(12) And I'd much rather flip hamburgers and send my brother to school, than push pencils and worry about where to get the money for school supplies each month.(13) The waitress rolled her eyes and walked away with a flip of her hair.(14) When I suggest that he must be a fan, he puts on a brave face but it becomes clear just how far he thinks his work is removed from the flip media world.(15) I don't mean to sound flip either, but literally all you have to do to get rid of some guys is to let them know you're interested in spending more time with them.(16) With a flip of his wrist, the flames were suddenly zooming back towards me.
(1) flip chart :: flip
(2) flip over :: dhajisan ka badan
(3) flip out :: dhajisan baxay
(4) flip-flop :: flip-flop
(5) flip side :: dhanka waddada tooska ah
(6) flip a coin :: dhajisan qadaadiic ah
(7) flip off :: dhajisan off
(8) flip through :: dhajisan iyada oo loo marayo
(9) flip the bird :: dhajisan shimbirta
(10) flip chip :: chip flip
1. snotty-nosed ::
2. toss ::
3. somerset ::
4. overturn ::
5. throw ::
6. flick ::
7. alternate ::
8. flip out ::
9. flip over ::
dhajisan ka badan
10. twitch ::
11. sky ::
12. switch ::
13. toss ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Agent Gomez, should we FLIP
a coin for the honors?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Just FLIP the switch until the lights
on the drone change to solid yellow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
that if you FLIP a coin,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
Step one. Rapidly FLIP the calibration switch
from the fully up...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
Well, I was gonna have you two
FLIP a coin.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
English to Somali Dictionary: flip
Meaning and definitions of flip, translation in Somali language for flip with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of flip in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "flip"
What flip means in Somali, flip meaning in Somali, flip definition, examples and pronunciation of flip in Somali language.