Noun(1) any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue(2) any solid substance (as opposed to liquid(3) anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
(1) Larkin began shoveling food on his plate, seeming to favor the pears.(2) baby food(3) give him plenty of food(4) At night these will be replaced with people selling snack food cooked on portable stoves.(5) I had a small breakfast and I wanted to shovel all this delicious food into my mouth like a pig.(6) food for the soul(7) tins of cat food(8) Retrieving the canned cat food from the kitchen, I flip on the coffee as I walk past.(9) A range of Mexican fast food is available.(10) Gertie gives me the dirtiest look ever, and slams the tray of disgusting cafeteria food on the table.(11) The gourmet food was specially prepared for road trips.(12) Throw out the remaining gourmet cat food from the can you opened this morning.(13) Ian shouted happily as he noticed the junk food on the tables.(14) We like Paul's cooking, and everyone likes it when I order takeout food for dinner.(15) We had a great time sipping hugely intoxicating Margaritas and eating delicious spicy food .(16) food for the mind
(1) fast food :: cuntada si dhakhso ah
(2) junk food :: cuntooyinka qashinka ah
(3) dog food :: cuntada eyga
(4) good food :: Cunto wanaagsan
(5) food poisoning :: cunto lagu sumoobo
(6) food court :: maxkamadda cuntada
(7) frozen food :: cuntada la qaboojiyay
(8) buy food :: cunto u soo iibinno
(9) food chain :: silsiladda cuntada
(10) canned food :: cuntada qasacadaysan
1. nourishment ::
2. fodder ::
3. food for thought ::
4. nutrient ::
5. solid food ::
food, foods, nonfood
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Pack as much FOOD as you can carry
and go north.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
and the fine FOOD
that had already started to turn.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
If not, I dreamed of FOOD.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
I don't understand my FOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
Like, come dinnertime,
do you enjoy eating FOOD?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
English to Somali Dictionary: food
Meaning and definitions of food, translation in Somali language for food with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of food in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "food"
What food means in Somali, food meaning
in Somali, food definition, examples and pronunciation
of food in Somali language.