Noun(1) an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another(2) a large amount of wealth or prosperity(3) an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome(4) your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you
(1) The president himself made a small fortune selling his failed oil company to business friends of his father.(2) Like I didn't spend a fortune having the Times sent to me every day.(3) Maguire missed four of the last Cheltenham Festivals due to ill fortune .(4) I spent a fortune on drink and drugs(5) Despite humble origins, her father amassed a small fortune buying, cultivating and reselling land.(6) But it still amounts to a substantial fortune for him not to have a share of.(7) But, thankfully, we've now got room to lock away the teak garden furniture that we spent a fortune buying at the start of the summer.(8) For example, it cost a small fortune just for the extension cords.(9) he inherited a substantial fortune(10) And just as the serpent had promised, good fortune smiled upon the woodcutter and his wife.(11) Even though these items cost a fortune , they're bought because their owners don't want to be looked down on.(12) Like all Kias, the Sorento will not cost you a fortune to buy or to run.(13) Every misfortune, like any piece of good fortune , involves two questions: The first is how it happened, and the second is why.(14) Notwithstanding those difficulties the biggest problem facing any publisher is chance and fickle fortune .(15) he eventually inherited a substantial fortune(16) Items such as modern hi-tech lamps can cost a fortune to buy but you haven't begun to count the real cost until you work out what you pay to travel with them.
(1) fortune cookie :: cookie maal
(2) good fortune :: nasiib wanaagsan
(3) soldier of fortune :: Askari Nasiib
(4) make a fortune :: sameeyaan maal a
(5) fortune-teller :: maal-lagala baxo
(6) fortune cookies :: cookies maal
(7) fortune-telling :: nasiib-sheegis
(8) wheel of fortune :: wheel Nasiib
1. chance ::
2. luck ::
4. wealth ::
5. a huge amount ::
tiro aad u badan
6. fate ::
7. hazard ::
1. past ::
ee la soo dhaafay
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Because despite his fame and FORTUNE,
he strikes me as a lonely00:03:14,63
00:03:20,827 --> 00:03:22,787
Well, it's very sweet of you
to go to all this trouble
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
...make a FORTUNE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
Wheel of Fortune with me?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
I thought this delay was so you could
watch Wheel of Fortune...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
Isn't it nice when your good FORTUNE
makes others miserable?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
English to Somali Dictionary: fortune
Meaning and definitions of fortune, translation in Somali language for fortune with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fortune in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "fortune"
What fortune means in Somali, fortune meaning
in Somali, fortune definition, examples and pronunciation
of fortune in Somali language.