- gacantadaranyihiincantoobo muggeedhoolka aqalkawareejinayay
Noun(1) the (prehensile(2) a hired laborer on a farm or ranch(3) something written by hand(4) ability(5) a position given by its location to the side of an object(6) the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time(7) one of two sides of an issue(8) a rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece(9) a unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses(10) a member of the crew of a ship(11) a card player in a game of bridge(12) a round of applause to signify approval(13) terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos, Mass.(14) physical assistance
Verb(1) place into the hands or custody of(2) guide or conduct or usher somewhere
(1) Bradford's Industrial Museum has been giving a helping hand to a textile archive in Leeds.(2) Good luck to James, who is from Curry, who is a top hand at getting all the top name bands for the fans.(3) Car parking is supervised by Roy who is no mean hand at turning out a tasty tiramisu when occasion demands.(4) she walked in, notebook in hand(5) He had a hand in all four goals that gave Celtic an astonishing victory over the Serie A giants.(6) he had a big hand in organizing the event(7) I was just about to bend over and pick it up when who should hand it to me but John himself.(8) she is still trying to get her hand in(9) his idiosyncratic hand(10) hand in the main!(11) I presume the both of them cannot understand English but my hand signals were clear enough.(12) Step forward our friends at - you guessed it, give them a big hand - Scotland on Sunday.(13) The CO gave us a hand signal to show that we had to climb up into the clouds to over 6,000 ft.(14) She was holding a duffel bag and pair of high heels in one hand , and a bottle of Tylenol in the other.(15) It does not matter that they are multiples or that we cannot actually see the artists' hand in the facture of the work.(16) his fans gave him a big hand
(1) on the other hand :: dhanka kale
(2) hand over :: gacan
(3) hand in :: gacanta ku
(4) on the one hand :: on gacanta ka mid ah
(5) hand off :: gacanta ka qaad
(6) hand down :: gacanta hoos
(7) at hand :: gacanta
1. palm ::
oo timir ah
2. pointer ::
3. control ::
4. help ::
5. handwriting ::
6. worker ::
7. hired man ::
8. script ::
9. manus ::
10. deal ::
11. bridge player ::
12. helping hand ::
13. pass ::
14. give ::
1. employer ::
hand, handed, handful, handfuls, handily, handing, hands, unhand, unhanded, unhanding, unhands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, this is quickly getting out of HAND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
Sam, are you in such a hurry to lose a HAND?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
and brought me honeyed sweets,
on the other HAND,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
- I'm not hungry.
- You lost a HAND, not a stomach.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
Your new HAND,
it's nicer than the old one.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Somali Dictionary: hand
Meaning and definitions of hand, translation in Somali language for hand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of hand in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "hand"
What hand means in Somali, hand meaning
in Somali, hand definition, examples and pronunciation
of hand in Somali language.