Noun(1) a human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part of the limb between the knee and ankle(2) a structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion(3) one of the supports for a piece of furniture(4) a part of a forked or branching shape(5) the limb of an animal used for food(6) a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg(7) a cloth covering consisting of the part of a pair of trousers that covers a person's leg(8) (nautical(9) a section or portion of a journey or course
(1) the first leg of the tour(2) one leg of its race around the globe(3) Then Smallwood hit a 130 to give him the edge to take the title-winning leg in 23 darts.(4) the last leg of the journey(5) a roast leg of lamb(6) Seated in the chair facing the mirror, chained to the leg of the table, was Darren Hammer.(7) The 800-metres specialist clocked a season's best 48.4 in the 400 metres and was even quicker in his leg of the relay.(8) the second leg of the race(9) A sail blows off the foredeck and a spinnaker drum jams so they can't jibe on the downwind leg .(10) The final leg of the journey took us on a spectacular ride through picturesque mountains, with the motorway reaching 5,000 feet above sea level.(11) he played a lucky stroke to leg(12) She suffered a broken leg and facial injuries, but has made a remarkable recovery that her father says stunned her doctors.(13) A psychopathic patient smashed a courtroom door window when he was sent to York Crown Court for attacking hospital staff with a table leg .(14) The next leg of his journey will take him to the United States, where he has been invited to perform by the Country Music Association.(15) He chomps on his chicken leg and sauce goes flying everywhere, along with bits of chicken skin and spittle.(16) They thought he was pointing a shotgun at them, but in fact the ├ö├ç├┐gun├ö├ç├û was a table leg which he had recently repaired and placed in a bag.
(1) break a leg :: lug ka jabtay
(2) chicken leg :: lugta digaag
(3) leg of lamb :: lugta wanka
(4) hind leg :: lugta cawl
(5) leg bone :: lugta lafta
(6) shake a leg :: gilgil lugta ah
(7) right leg :: lugta midig
(8) wooden leg :: lugta alwaax
(9) leg warmers :: kululeeya lugta
(10) lower leg :: lugta hoose
1. lower limb ::
2. part ::
3. stage ::
4. ramification ::
5. peg ::
leg, legless, legs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...seems to be adjusting to her new LEG
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
- How's your LEG?
- Very good. Thanks for asking. Come on in.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
Three agents wounded,
one lost his LEG.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
I put my left LEG in, and
something just snapped.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
She broke her LEG jumping
from the ramparts.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
English to Somali Dictionary: leg
Meaning and definitions of leg, translation in Somali language for leg with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of leg in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "leg"
What leg means in Somali, leg meaning in Somali, leg definition, examples and pronunciation of leg in Somali language.