Noun(1) the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object(2) information (data or ideas or observations(3) artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers(4) things needed for doing or making something(5) a person judged suitable for admission or employment
Adjective(1) concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests(2) derived from or composed of matter(3) directly relevant to a matter especially a law case(4) concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being(5) having material or physical form or substance(6) having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary
(1) His performance will feature both old material and songs from the new album.(2) teaching material(3) The source material was great books, and the host was a famous radio journalist.(4) In familiar, romantic fashion, this culture is associated with spiritual rather than with material values.(5) He is not teller material or bank material for that matter, but he sure makes me laugh.(6) Bear in mind that most material invocations for wordly gains will almost inevitably carry some degree of bad luck.(7) He obviously hoped to repeat his success with another trip, but the second cruise was dogged by bad weather and did not provide enough material for a book.(8) When we turn the page of a book, we're aware of a new yet essentially stable material physical space.(9) The officer saw an open-backed truck at the site containing a large amount of asbestos cement roofing material .(10) Bacteria and insects break down organic material to produce soil and nutrients so plants can grow.(11) How does she create her material , and what comes first, words or music?(12) The ensemble often draws its material from narrative folk songs.(13) Previous attempts to break down the plant into reusable material and fertiliser have been defeated because of its high moisture content.(14) She picked out a plain dress of dark green material and a clean loin cloth.(15) material fact(16) But, after a considerable amount of said hanging about, he accumulated enough material to write a book.
(1) raw material :: wax cayriin
(2) bill of material :: biilka ee wax
(3) material status :: xaaladda wax
(4) waste material :: qashinka
(5) building material :: wax dhismaha
(6) packing material :: wax cabayn
(7) reference material :: wax tixraac
(8) hazardous material :: walaxda halista ah
(9) row material :: wax isku xigta
(10) advertising material :: wax advertising
1. physical ::
2. sensual ::
3. relevant ::
4. significant ::
5. substantial ::
la taaban karo
6. corporeal ::
7. matter ::
8. constituent ::
10. fabric ::
11. information ::
12. stuff ::
1. immaterial ::
aan qiimo lahayn
material, materialist, materialists, materially, materials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So the waste MATERIAL avoids the turbine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
- Like his haircut MATERIAL.
- Oh, right.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Imagine how impressed they'd be if you
showed up familiar with the MATERIAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
Not a good idea,
my hair is a coveted nesting MATERIAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
What's the thanks I get for turning
Leonard into quality boyfriend MATERIAL?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
English to Somali Dictionary: material
Meaning and definitions of material, translation in Somali language for material with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of material in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "material"
What material means in Somali, material meaning in Somali, material definition, examples and pronunciation of material in Somali language.