Noun(1) a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention(2) an understanding of something that is not correct(3) part of a statement that is not correct
Verb(1) identify incorrectly(2) to make a mistake or be incorrect
(1) We don't mistake it as a sign from God of an impending calamity.(2) I just wanted to emphasize: don't mistake your cat for a dog.(3) she made the mistake of thinking they were important(4) The danger in Iraq is repeating the biggest mistake - yielding to gradualism.(5) If I had to go inside, people would easily mistake me for Nick.(6) Avoid the common mistake of falling through the poles.(7) He warned that they should not make the mistake of believing that they could shelve their responsibility.(8) Historians sometimes make the mistake of thinking that early modern religious dissent argues secularization.(9) As soon as he said this he realized his grave mistake and quickly looked away.(10) She makes the mistake of assuming that Americans can not stop eating when served a large portion.(11) Well, often wildlife observers mistake what they are seeing.(12) But to read for the lost arc is to mistake what this book is up to.(13) She made the mistake of looking back at him, urging her to stay.(14) coming here was a mistake(15) As I said above, people often mistake me for a 16 year old, even though I'm 25.(16) We can't make the mistake of assuming that everything is within our grasp.
(1) by mistake :: by qalad
(2) make a mistake :: sameeyaan khalad
(3) make mistake :: qalad
(4) spelling mistake :: higaada qalad
(5) make no mistake :: qalad lahayn
(6) typing mistake :: qalad makiinada
(7) no mistake :: qalad lahayn
(8) making a mistake :: qalad ah
(9) huge mistake :: qalad weyn
(10) common mistake :: qalad caadi ah
1. error ::
2. misunderstanding ::
3. misunderstand ::
4. confuse with ::
5. err ::
1. appreciate ::
2. apprehend ::
3. catch ::
4. comprehend ::
5. conceive ::
6. fathom ::
7. get ::
8. grasp ::
9. know ::
10. penetrate ::
11. perceive ::
12. see ::
13. seize ::
14. understand ::
mistake, mistakes, mistaking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...that a disinterested onlooker
might MISTAKE for intimacy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
I mean, you made a MISTAKE,
but it was a happy MISTAKE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
is, as I told you...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
That MISTAKE got published.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
- It's a common MISTAKE.
- Not the first one I've made today.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
English to Somali Dictionary: mistake
Meaning and definitions of mistake, translation in Somali language for mistake with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mistake in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mistake"
What mistake means in Somali, mistake meaning in Somali, mistake definition, examples and pronunciation of mistake in Somali language.