Noun(1) the act of passing from one state or place to the next(2) a section of text; particularly a section of medium length(3) a way through or along which someone or something may pass(4) the passing of a law by a legislative body(5) a journey usually by ship(6) a short section of a musical composition(7) a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass(8) a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another(9) the motion of one object relative to another(10) the act of passing something to another person
(1) These are well-named and can be observed swimming at the surface on almost every passage by boat in the tropics.(2) For Veeries, Remsen's approach was to identify winter as the period when no known passage birds were collected from anywhere.(3) Something blocked his passage , despite his clear view of the dirt, trampled plants, and pebbles of the path outside.(4) It was just the tonic the visitors needed and soon afterwards the second row forward finished of a fine passage of play involving forwards and backs with the second try, this time converted by Cooke.(5) The cells in the two unstained wells of each specimen were processed for a second blind passage of culture on fresh McCoy cell monolayers.(6) It has the support of a number of the key stakeholders, and I look forward to its rapid passage through the House.(7) Another slick passage of handling, featuring backs and forwards, culminated in Smith sliding over in the corner for No7.(8) Similarly, identifying the correct winter range of birds in South America will allow better study of passage birds.(9) This development attracts passage migrant waders, nesting lapwing and redshank together with winter wildfowl.(10) we obtained a permit for safe passage from the embassy(11) These generally include full-board accommodation and air passage or road transportation to the islands.(12) From the bill's passage to the second half of 1965, the Civil Rights Movement continued to press American society for changes.(13) The money could be recoverable from the officer who was responsible for not having filed the written statement despite passage of so much time.(14) I could take on a crew and sail to Canada in my own boat instead of booking passage , or turn into a rover of the sea, going where I please and doing what I like.(15) It is about getting the structure around early childhood education policy right, and I look forward to its speedy passage through the House.(16) When the prophet Jonah hears an inner voice calling him to teach in the Assyrian city of Nineveh, he books immediate passage on a boat - going in the other direction.
(1) passage of time :: maris waqtiga
(2) narrow passage :: maris cidhiidhi ah
(3) air passage :: marinka hawada
(4) nasal passage :: maris sanka
(5) underground passage :: marinka dhulka hoostiisa
(6) back passage :: marinka danbe
(7) the passage of time :: dhererka waqtiga
(8) secret passage :: maris qarsoon
(9) this passage :: tuducdan
(10) front passage :: marinka hore
1. transit ::
2. passing ::
4. voyage ::
6. duct ::
7. transition ::
8. enactment ::
9. extract ::
10. passageway ::
11. handing over ::
1. recess ::
2. recession ::
3. regress ::
4. regression ::
5. retreat ::
6. retrogression ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"A troll blocks your PASSAGE."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
The PASSAGE from one world
to the next
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
These weren't here before.
They've barred the PASSAGE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Even so, it's a narrow PASSAGE.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
It was a PASSAGE that began
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
English to Somali Dictionary: passage
Meaning and definitions of passage, translation in Somali language for passage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of passage in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "passage"
What passage means in Somali, passage meaning in Somali, passage definition, examples and pronunciation of passage in Somali language.