Noun(1) literature in metrical form(2) any communication resembling poetry in beauty or the evocation of feeling
(1) Dialogue is used to develop character rather than further action and has an inherent poetry to it.(2) This book has tremendous appeal to the literary students of poetry and to teachers.(3) His father, also called Michael, instilled in his son a love of Irish poetry and ballads.(4) The poetry and literature was often a mirror of how the king and the aristocracy who surrounded him liked to think of themselves.(5) he is chiefly famous for his love poetry(6) Literature is a masculinist invention; poetry in particular is a spectacular form of male display.(7) Yellow shirts create poetry in motion by bringing order to the carefully choreographed ballet on the carrier flight deck.(8) So all of those things are very comforting and delightful and poetry is at the heart of them.(9) The other problem is that while the play pushes all the right emotional buttons, it does so without poetry or flair.(10) The passion was still there, the anger was still there, the poetry and the beauty and the sense of mission were all still there.(11) She isn't always forcing the subjects of her poetry into metaphors about alienation.(12) Because he did not have any formal education in art, his aesthetic ideas derived from poetry and literature.(13) she glanced at the papers and saw some lines of poetry(14) Had Surrey never written a line of poetry , his life would still be worth recounting.(15) poetry and fire are nicely balanced in the music(16) His love poetry takes a different line from that of his contemporaries.
(1) write poetry :: gabayada qortaa
(2) poetry in motion :: gabayada in mooshin
(3) lyric poetry :: gabayada lyric
(4) poetry reading :: gabayada reading
(5) poetry slam :: gabayada slam
(6) recite poetry :: akhriya gabayada
(7) narrative poetry :: gabayada sheeko
(8) piece of poetry :: piece of gabayo
(9) erotic poetry :: gabayada kula beera ubaxa
2. verse ::
3. versification ::
4. metrical composition ::
6. balladry ::
7. poesy ::
1. prose ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your kind likes to pretend
there's some POETRY in that,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
to play the harp and dance the latest steps
and recite Valyrian POETRY.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Who wants the sound of the sea?
This is like POETRY for our ears.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
It is the only proper language for POETRY.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Do you know he writes POETRY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
English to Somali Dictionary: poetry
Meaning and definitions of poetry, translation in Somali language for poetry with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of poetry in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "poetry"
What poetry means in Somali, poetry meaning in Somali, poetry definition, examples and pronunciation of poetry in Somali language.