Noun(1) a person employed to carry luggage and supplies(2) someone who guards an entrance(3) United States writer of novels and short stories (1890-1980(4) United States composer and lyricist of musical comedies (1891-1946(5) United States writer of short stories whose pen name was O. Henry (1862-1910(6) a railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars(7) a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley
Verb(1) carry luggage or supplies
(1) a night porter(2) Hotel guests were woken by the crash and the night porter and duty manager rushed outside to help the injured.(3) The porter loaded their bags onto cart and began to lead them down the wharf.(4) ├ö├ç├┐They were armed with a handgun, entered the hotel and assaulted the night porter ,├ö├ç├û said a Garda spokesman.(5) The ultimate put-down comes when the college porter outsmarts George in logical debate.(6) As an unsmiling porter arranged her sensible luggage on the platform, Nixes took the opportunity to look appraisingly around.(7) But although Andrew, 42, did try breaking out and working as a clerk and a night porter , he found the jobs dull.(8) Moreover, they are not drinking the servant's traditional porter or ale, but ├ö├ç├┐punch├ö├ç├û.(9) He began his railway career as a porter at Clapham in the days when Ingleton Colliery was open and thousands of tons of coal passed through the station.(10) ├ö├ç├┐When we got to the lift, he saw the night porter and took an envelope out of his pocket,├ö├ç├û Albert recalls.(11) a hospital porter(12) Two of the most enjoyable social occasions of the past six months were accompanied by cups of tea in Cafe Regular in Brooklyn and pints of porter in the White Horse pub in Limerick.(13) The spectre, who wears Victorian costume, has apparently been seen several times by the hotel's male night porter and male guests.(14) For example, Pilsner is one of the most popular lagers, while porter and stout are examples of ales.(15) He took all the luggage off the porter and with a polite thank you and goodbye, sent him on his way.(16) They smiled broadly when her medicine bottle as she described the large bottle of porter , was always delivered discreetly in a brown paper bag.
(1) hospital porter :: iridjoogihii isbitaalka
(2) night porter :: iridjoogihii habeenkii
(3) hotel porter :: iridjoogihii hotel
(4) kitchen porter :: iridjoogihii jikada
(5) pret-a-porter :: pret-a-iridjoogihii
(6) railway porter :: iridjoogihii tareenka
1. carrier ::
2. doorman ::
English to Somali Dictionary: porter
Meaning and definitions of porter, translation in Somali language for porter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of porter in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "porter"
What porter means in Somali, porter meaning
in Somali, porter definition, examples and pronunciation
of porter in Somali language.