Noun(1) a solid substance in the form of tiny loose particles; a solid that has been pulverized(2) a mixture of potassium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur in a 75:15:10 ratio which is used in gunnery, time fuses, and fireworks(3) any of various cosmetic or medical preparations dispensed in the form of a pulverized powder
Verb(1) make into a powder by breaking up or cause to become dust(2) apply powder to
(1) Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning.(2) It exerts the best leverage in seating the ball over the powder of any percussion revolver ever produced.(3) Are you thinking about whether your toboggan is made of wood or Plexiglas, or whether the snow is deep powder or sleet?(4) This substance was ground into powder , rendered to paste, and then used, for example, as body paint.(5) Colorado: the name conjures up images of deep powder , clear blue skies and great skiing.(6) The remaining cake, still containing a varying percentage of cocoa butter, is broken into smaller pieces to be sold as cocoa cake or ground into a fine cocoa powder .(7) Make sure you have the basic tools: tweezers, cuticle scissors, clear mascara, a white eye pencil and an eyebrow pencil or powder .(8) Few of the massed ranks of skiers discussing last night's disco at the restaurant get to know the delights of skiing over fresh powder .(9) Polishing on a brush wheel with putty powder retained the crispness and grain marks of the stone wheels but acid polishing removes all these signs and tends to round off the edges of the cuts.(10) powder skiing(11) His only accompaniment was the soft hiss of snow passing beneath his skis and the low whistle of the wind as it shaped the loose powder .(12) I guess next time I should wear an evening gown, do my hair in a fancy up do, maybe powder my face.(13) I flipped down the visor and began to brush silver powder onto my eyelids.(14) If you've been treating your complexion well, a dab of concealer over redness around the nose and mouth plus a dusting of loose powder will suffice.(15) Well, unfortunately, is that this drug does not come in pill form, or as a powder or liquid.(16) The United States did not adopt the newfangled smokeless powder until 1892, a few years after it became widely available.
(1) baking powder :: budada dubista
(2) washing powder :: saabuunta dharka lagu dhaqo
(3) cocoa powder :: budada kookaha
(4) garlic powder :: budo toon
(5) powder blue :: buluug ah budada
(6) powder horn :: geeska budada
(7) milk powder :: budada caanaha
(8) powder room :: qolka budada
(9) powder keg :: qoriga
(10) chili powder :: budo suugo basbaas
1. dust ::
3. gunpowder ::
4. dust ::
5. crush ::
6. dry ::
7. pulverize ::
powder, powdered, powdering, powders, powdery
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You smell like baby POWDER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
I swear to God, the kid left
so much booger POWDER in there
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
and you're supposed
to use the POWDER!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
And I was distracted.
He has on extra baby POWDER today.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
English to Somali Dictionary: powder
Meaning and definitions of powder, translation in Somali language for powder with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of powder in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "powder"
What powder means in Somali, powder meaning in Somali, powder definition, examples and pronunciation of powder in Somali language.