Noun(1) the only fertile female in a colony of social insects such as bees and ants and termites; its function is to lay eggs(2) a female sovereign ruler(3) the wife or widow of a king(4) something personified as a woman who is considered the best or most important of her kind(5) a competitor who holds a preeminent position(6) offensive term for a homosexual man(7) one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a queen(8) (chess(9) an especially large mole rat and the only member of a colony of naked mole rats to bear offspring which are sired by only a few males(10) female cat
Verb(1) promote to a queen, as of a pawn in chess(2) become a queen
(1) Teenage girls were crowned queen of the potato festival.(2) Prince Gyanendra contradicted officials who suggested that Crown Prince Dipendra killed King Birendra, the queen and six other royals in a dispute.(3) She became a queen and gave birth to a future queen , and in the process became beloved by the British people.(4) Elizabeth Bowes Lyon was mother to a queen , wife to a king, sister-in-law to another king.(5) A combination consisting of a king and a queen of each suit is sometimes known as a roundhouse.(6) The central room contains the epitaphs of the emperor Humayun and his queen , and is crowned by great double dome.(7) Tanya had always been the fashion queen and it was because of that that her friends always deferred to her on issues of style.(8) The worker bees die at the end of summer and the impregnated queen starts a new colony when warm weather returns.(9) The face cards - the jack, queen and king - and the joker each have a different kind of dog painted on them.(10) As a result, the progeny of a single queen (a normal bee colony) make up a genetically diverse population.(11) The evening continued with Killybegs Festival Carnival led by the festival queen .(12) As far as movement, he's as versatile as the queen piece on a chess board.(13) King Gyanendra, who ascended the throne June 4, declared his wife, Princess Komal, the queen of Nepal the same day.(14) Jill's post about this, and her analogy to the unpopular girl winning homecoming queen , made me want to go and vote.(15) I moved my queen to mid-board, hoping to establish an offensive.(16) The drama tells the story of a king who takes a second wife because his Chinese queen is unable to bear children.
(1) drama queen :: riwaayadaha Boqorad
(2) prom queen :: Boqorad prom
(3) beauty queen :: quruxda Boqorad
(4) queen bee :: shinni boqoradda
(5) drag queen :: jiitaa Boqorad
(6) queen of hearts :: Boqoraddii Quluubtooda
(7) snow queen :: baraf Boqorad
(8) queen ant :: qudhaanjada Boqorad
(9) bee queen :: shinni boqoradda
(10) queen mother :: boqoraddii hooyadiis
1. monarch ::
2. doyenne ::
3. tabby ::
4. world-beater ::
5. fairy ::
6. queen regnant ::
queen, queened, queening, queenly, queens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You don't need powders and potions,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
- Listen, Penny...
- Ugh. Queen Penelope AFK. What?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
Sansa was dragged
before the king and QUEEN...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
You are the Queen Mother, nothing more.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
You'll be QUEEN someday.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
English to Somali Dictionary: queen
Meaning and definitions of queen, translation in Somali language for queen with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of queen in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "queen"
What queen means in Somali, queen meaning
in Somali, queen definition, examples and pronunciation
of queen in Somali language.