Noun(1) a loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral(2) French writer known for works concerning women's rights and independence (1804-1876(3) fortitude and determination
Verb(1) rub with sandpaper
(1) Several layers of sand , stone, concrete and a special membrane covering lie between the origins of the radon and the actual home in the miniature house.(2) Cover the patch with compound, allow it to dry, and sand it smooth after drying.(3) Lanzarote is a volcanic island, which accounts for the dark sand on some beaches.(4) A part of him refused to entertain the notion that when he reached its edge, he would be confronted by miles of unrelenting desert sand .(5) Taking rough-grit sandpaper, sand the remaining membrane out of the gourd.(6) Should you prefer to keep your head above water, the beaches, with their fine golden sand and tall palms, won't disappoint.(7) A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.(8) Attach plywood with panel adhesive and brads and sand it flush with front edge.(9) About two kilometers around the lake, the sand beach turned into rocks and there was a huge cliff over top.(10) sand the rusty areas until you expose bare metal(11) The land is on a sand and gravel aquifer, several hundred metres from a reservoir that supplies drinking water to 650,000 homes in Dublin.(12) There is another irony about desert sand dunes: They are a product of both aridity and water.(13) I look out at two miles of white sand beach, lapped by water with a visibility of 200 feet.(14) no one has the sand to stand against him(15) The main bathroom is also at this level and features a stone wall, sand coloured tiles and rustic style walls.(16) The land was mostly flat and featureless; even the most desolate of the southern deserts had some rolling sand dunes and some cacti.
(1) sand dunes :: tuurasha
(2) grain of sand :: hadhuudh of ciid
(3) sand storm :: duufaan ciid
(4) fine sand :: ciid wanaagsan
(5) sand trap :: dabin ciid
(6) sand casting :: shubay ciid
(7) black sand :: ciid madow
(8) sand clock :: saacad ciid
(9) sand filter :: filter ciid
(10) grains of sand :: badar ee ciid
1. beach ::
3. shore ::
4. seashore ::
6. strand ::
7. sandpaper ::
sand, sanded, sander, sanders, sanding, sands, sandy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I hate the sea, the fish
and the SAND on the beach.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
...and a super-executive ant farm
with glow-in-the-dark SAND?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
How to destroy Ellaria Sand,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Gets two in the SAND,
two in the forest, you know?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Somali Dictionary: sand
Meaning and definitions of sand, translation in Somali language for sand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of sand in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "sand"
What sand means in Somali, sand meaning
in Somali, sand definition, examples and pronunciation
of sand in Somali language.