Noun(1) an educational institution(2) a building where young people receive education(3) the process of being formally educated at a school(4) a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers(5) the period of instruction in a school; the time period when school is in session(6) an educational institution's faculty and students(7) a large group of fish
Verb(1) educate in or as if in a school(2) teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment(3) swim in or form a large group of fish
(1) The water was so clear that a school of fish could be seen swimming against the current, upriver.(2) a school of dolphins(3) school supplies(4) At school he excelled at all sports, becoming captain of athletics and representing his school in the public schools championships.(5) This is the sweep-it-under-the-rug school of planetary stewardship in which Canada is a world leader.(6) He also has a treasure trove of beer facts and information to school anyone on the secrets of the suds.(7) At school , if your teacher had told the class that one kid was going to be famous, how many kids would have said it would be you?(8) music school(9) A school of menominee swam by and I tried to drop the spear on them but they moved out of its way.(10) Julie is a student nurse about to graduate from a university school of nursing.(11) Inside her cluttered mind memories swam like a skittish school of fish.(12) In school , I learned many wondrous things about science that amazed me.(13) This reminds me of the yay-boo school of journalism, as perfected by my father.(14) At the river's edge, a school of small, dark fish darts away as a shadow crosses the water.(15) she attended an all-Irish school(16) If there was a rising school of English composers, he was a factor in producing it.
(1) high school :: Dugsi sare
(2) secondary school :: Dugsi Sare
(3) primary school :: dugsiga hoose
(4) go to school :: Iskuulka aad
(5) old school :: dugsiga jir
(6) at school :: dugsiga
(7) after school :: iskuulka kadib
(8) boarding school :: dugsiga hoyga ah
(9) elementary school :: dugsiga hoose
2. department ::
3. group ::
4. way of thinking ::
5. shoal ::
6. school day ::
7. schoolhouse ::
8. schooling ::
10. train ::
preschool, preschools, school, schooled, schooling, schools
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
that Princeton isn't
a very good SCHOOL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
Have you ever given a high SCHOOL
commencement speech before?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
in La Moraleja,
she goes to the same SCHOOL as you.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
Wonderful security system if
we're attacked by a SCHOOL of tuna.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Oh, come on. You might have gone
to SCHOOL for a couple more years than me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
English to Somali Dictionary: school
Meaning and definitions of school, translation in Somali language for school with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of school in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "school"
What school means in Somali, school meaning in Somali, school definition, examples and pronunciation of school in Somali language.