- xishoodEebeseshyershyestxunyihiin sababa
Noun(1) a quick throw
Verb(1) start suddenly, as from fright(2) throw quickly
Adjective(1) lacking self-confidence(2) short(3) wary and distrustful; disposed to avoid persons or things
(1) Morgan almost stooped in mid-stride causing the horse to shy away.(2) He seemed very shy and nervous, and getting words out of his mouth was like pulling teeth.(3) Interviewees reported that shy students were more vulnerable to teasing.(4) He rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, giving a shy smile.(5) She was absolutely charming, rather maternal and incredibly shy herself.(6) Noise must be kept to a minimum, as tigers are shy .(7) I never dreamed I would get so close to one of these shy animals.(8) At first the animals were quite shy , but they have settled in well.(9) Build a brush pile near your feeder to make sparrows, towhees, and other shy birds feel more at home, but be sure it won't harbor roaming cats.(10) Today, this area of Broadland still attracts these shy birds.(11) The Opeh was an extremely shy bird, and very rarely came within sight of a human.(12) And he grinned that shy little grin that I was learning to love.(13) The stallion snorted in the way that only horses could and began to shy at something on the side of the trail.(14) The shy monkey species was already known to local tribespeople called the Wanyakyusa.(15) A third explanation for our finding is that shy children may be more sensitive to the symptoms of illness or more likely to reflect on their internal states.(16) Jayalalitha, a once shy , timid, tiny introvert, was so outstanding in her studies that her portrait hangs in her school as a star alumnus with academic excellence as her only passion.
(1) shy away :: xishoodo iska
(2) be shy :: ha ka xishoon
(3) to be shy :: in ay ka xishoon
(4) feel shy :: dareemaan xishood
(5) shy away from :: xishoodo ka fog
(6) camera shy :: camera xishood
(7) being shy :: isagoo xishood
(8) work-shy :: shaqo-ka xishoon
(9) shy of :: xishood ah
(10) make shy :: dhigi xishood
1. bashful ::
2. diffident ::
3. farouche ::
4. timid ::
5. sheepish ::
6. reserved ::
7. reticent ::
9. retiring ::
10. self-effacing ::
11. withdrawn ::
12. timorous ::
13. mousy ::
14. nervous ::
15. insecure ::
16. unconfident ::
18. repressed ::
19. self-conscious ::
20. embarrassed ::
1. audacious ::
2. bold ::
3. daring ::
4. dashing ::
ku heyso inay
5. hardy ::
6. venturous ::
shies, shy, shyer, shyest, shying, shyly, shyness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, don't stare too long. They're SHY.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
and from what I hear, Jaime Lannister's
half an inch SHY of an inch.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
you were concerned that I might
be too passive and SHY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
No. At this point,
being SHY doesn't make sense.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
Be a little SHY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
English to Somali Dictionary: shy
Meaning and definitions of shy, translation in Somali language for shy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of shy in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "shy"
What shy means in Somali, shy meaning
in Somali, shy definition, examples and pronunciation
of shy in Somali language.