Noun(1) a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter(2) building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose(3) material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust(4) a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry(5) an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds(6) the hard inner (usually woody, as peaches or plums or cherries or olives(7) United States jurist who was named chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1941 by Franklin D. Roosevelt (1872-1946(8) United States filmmaker (born in 1946(9) United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893(10) United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989(11) United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946(12) United States architect (1902-1978(13) a lack of feeling or expression or movement
Verb(1) kill by throwing stones at(2) remove the pits from
Adjective(1) of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
(1) she laid the first stone(2) she dropped like a stone(3) stone stretch trousers(4) high stone walls(5) No matter how much you love the stone and broom game, when it takes priority in the biggest country in the Commonwealth, you can see why critics feel able to snipe.(6) She turned her attention warily to her father, who sat mounted in front of her, wearing an expression of stone , and let her smile drop.(7) He said he had lost three and a half stone in weight in worry because of the court case.(8) It has a cherry stone with more faces carved on it than anyone else has ever bothered to manage.(9) Halve and stone the apricots and put them, hollow side up, in a heatproof dish.(10) Brett looked back, and abruptly tripped on a stone jutting from the ground.(11) Each of the three players places a stone on the board in turn.(12) There is absolutely no need to stone vehicles or beat up perceived political opponents.(13) Honed stone floors provide natural slip resistance and connect the room visually with the pool deck, speced in the same material.(14) On the D shift he's lost two and a half stone in weight and has not been sleeping properly.(15) Finally he shook his head and plucked a stone from the ground.(16) he weighed twelve stone
(1) kidney stone :: dhagax kelyaha
(2) precious stone :: dhagaxyo qaali ah
(3) rolling stone :: dhagax rogid
(4) like stone :: sidii dhagax
(5) black stone :: dhagax madow
(6) crushed stone :: dhagax la jajabiyey
(7) paving stone :: dhagax xaareysa
1. rock ::
2. tablet ::
3. paver ::
4. gem ::
5. kernel ::
6. pit ::
7. gemstone ::
8. lapidate ::
9. pit ::
stone, stoned, stones, stoneware, stoning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He believed... The world believed
that the ages had turned them to STONE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
He promised to kill the men in their iron
suits and tear down their STONE houses.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
to live out your short
life with the STONE men,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
And after you leap, the STONE sinks in.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
English to Somali Dictionary: stone
Meaning and definitions of stone, translation in Somali language for stone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of stone in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "stone"
What stone means in Somali, stone meaning
in Somali, stone definition, examples and pronunciation
of stone in Somali language.