Noun(1) a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt(2) a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy(3) (slang(4) a man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage(5) a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank(6) playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color
Verb(1) be agreeable or acceptable to(2) be agreeable or acceptable(3) accord or comport with(4) enhance the appearance of
(1) He attempted to enter the ship by the funnel but nearly went up in a puff of smoke due to the non fire retardant Santa suit .(2) He had a spotty complexion and wore a striped T-shirt and blue Reebok track suit .(3) a jogging suit(4) they went ashore and changed to another suit of sails(5) what time would suit you?(6) Therefore the ace of diamonds is the lowest card of its suit when diamonds are not trumps.(7) If you are still clinging to polyester ski pants and an old knit, long sleeved, bike jersey as your race suit , consider Lycra.(8) Clad in a suit of white armor and flying her own standard she liberated France from the English at the battle of Orleans.(9) he could not compete with John's charms in Marian's eyes and his suit came to nothing(10) The ambassador for Poland is returning from Rome having made suit to the Pope for 20,000 crowns.(11) And I think one of the things that has become very apparent is, we suited up for the war, but we didn't really suit up for the peace adequately.(12) This year, Kirtilal Kalidas have come out with a range of ornaments styled to suit people of all ages.(13) If a plaintiff wins his suit in public nuisance, he can receive both money damages and injunctive relief.(14) they took care to suit their answers to the questions put to them(15) When it comes to mortgages, the mainstream banks have been relatively slow to adjust their acceptance criteria to suit this new environment.(16) It was like one of those Monty Python sketches where a man in a suit of armour walks in and slaps everyone with a rubber chicken.
(1) bathing suit :: joog maydhashada
(2) swimming suit :: dharka dabaasha
(3) suit up :: ku habboon kor u
(4) sweat suit :: joog dhididka
(5) wet suit :: suud qoyan
(6) diving suit :: suud lagu boodo
(7) jogging suit :: suud orodka
(8) to suit :: si loo waafajiyo
(9) suit yourself :: naftaada ku habboon
(10) business suit :: joog ganacsiga
1. outfit ::
kooxda ka dhisan
2. businessman ::
3. legal action ::
tallaabo sharci ah
4. entreaty ::
5. courtship ::
6. suit of clothes ::
joog oo dhar ah
7. lawsuit ::
8. become ::
9. be convenient for ::
11. accommodate ::
12. beseem ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why am I wearing my
Battlestar Galactica flight SUIT in bed?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
They may SUIT my needs.
Tell me of their training.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
He had to spend the entire afternoon
in jail wearing that SUIT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
or make a SUIT out
of our skins?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Maybe we could get Batman
to actuall00:03:33,464 -63
00:03:36,134 --> 00:03:37,677
You mean, some guy in a lame SUIT?
00:03:37,844 --> 00:03:39,053
Or a real Batman.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
English to Somali Dictionary: suit
Meaning and definitions of suit, translation in Somali language for suit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of suit in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "suit"
What suit means in Somali, suit meaning in Somali, suit definition, examples and pronunciation of suit in Somali language.