Noun(1) the act of swimming
Verb(1) travel through water(2) be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom(3) be dizzy or giddy(4) be covered with or submerged in a liquid(5) move as if gliding through water
(1) Many of the men crawl towards the rails, ready to jump into the water to swim ashore.(2) Richard was tossed into the sea and spent two hours in the freezing water trying to swim ashore.(3) the Russians were able to swim their infantry carriers across(4) Crocodiles swim with back-and-forth movements of their tail.(5) We were both in the best shape of our lives, and this swim would have been easy.(6) She was first to swim the Bering Strait from Alaska to Siberia.(7) Mercury pollutes water and thus the fish that swim in it, which involves another federal agency.(8) I selected a swim near the first spot that I had tried and again proceeded to fish a long line.(9) We finished with a leisurely swim back to the Scuba Park, eyeballing the marine life on the way.(10) They are believed to be the first women's team from Africa to swim the famous stretch.(11) The aquatic animals can't swim in shallow water areas.(12) First is a swim in the pool and then it's on to Windermere to master the art of canoeing and kayaking in the lake.(13) Try to avoid the corners of the lake when choosing a swim as in my experience they are not good in the long term.(14) we went for a swim in the river(15) This was to be the first woman to swim the English Channel.(16) Two cricket balls of mashed bread groundbait were introduced into the top of the swim .
(1) to swim :: inay ku dabaashaan
(2) swim up :: dabaalan ilaa
(3) sink or swim :: dego ama dabaalan
(4) swim trunks :: dogob dabaasha
(5) go for a swim :: u tagto dabbaasha
(6) swim down :: dabaalan hoos
(7) swim across :: dabaalan guud
(8) swim bladder :: kaadi dabaasha
(9) swim suit :: suud dabaasha
1. swimming ::
2. bathe ::
3. be saturated in ::
la cokan ee
4. drown ::
5. float ::
1. settle ::
2. sink ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My father taught me to SWIM
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
They say the dead can't SWIM.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
You can SWIM with him,
but you’re never calm.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
SWIM with the dolphins.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
If I can't SWIM in water,
let me SWIM in gold like Uncle Scrooge.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
English to Somali Dictionary: swim
Meaning and definitions of swim, translation in Somali language for swim with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swim in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "swim"
What swim means in Somali, swim meaning in Somali, swim definition, examples and pronunciation of swim in Somali language.