Noun(1) a drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands(2) an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart(3) an occasion for excessive eating or drinking(4) the act of tearing
Verb(1) separate or cause to separate abruptly(2) to separate or be separated by force(3) move quickly and violently(4) strip of feathers(5) fill with tears or shed tears
(1) We have to pay very careful attention to all the projecting pieces of equipment: we don't want to damage anything or to tear a hole in our spacesuits.(2) It's beginning to look like the U.S. economy is on a tear .(3) Reckless drivers who tear around the streets of Bradford face having their vehicles seized under new police powers.(4) DE Corey Redding finished the regular season on a tear but may not have a home in a 3-4 defense.(5) She watched him slowly stitch the tear , pulling the needle carefully through the fabric.(6) the freezing wind made her eyes tear(7) This past session, for example, the court continued its tear , issuing several opinions that further limit federal power.(8) the material wouldn't tear(9) It began to tear slowly but not quickly enough as we collapsed onto the wood and rolled across the splintered planks.(10) You know we'll keep pushing the outside of the envelope until we tear a great big hole in it - it's the American way.(11) Out of anger I wanted to tear it into pieces and throw it into trash can, but instead I put it in the drawer of my desk after controlling my temper.(12) Of course what they failed to realise is that a Goth Club is the least likely place for a fight in the world - wouldn't want to break a nail or tear your new PVC outfit would you?(13) That will either mean I have a quiet day because she'll be zonked or she'll be on a tear .(14) I don't know how long I had been laying there, but soon I heard a car fly into the drive way and someone tear through the house and upstairs, yelling my name.(15) Although the sheet was rumpled and a tear had split down the side, I recognized it immediately.(16) All season long many in the garage were waiting for Newman and Borland to go on a tear and reel off a few consecutive wins├ö├ç┬¬ but it never happened.
(1) tear down :: dumin
(2) tear off :: jeex
(3) tear apart :: jeexi gooni
(4) wear and tear :: xirtaan iyo jeexi
(5) tear up :: jeexi kor
(6) to tear :: inay ku jeexjeexi
(7) shed a tear :: daadiyeen jeex
(8) tear out :: siibta
(9) tear it :: jeexin
1. rip ::
2. teardrop ::
3. binge ::
4. rip up ::
5. lacerate ::
6. divide ::
7. snatch ::
8. sprint ::
9. snap ::
10. shoot down ::
lagu soo rido
11. pluck ::
tear, teared, tearful, tearing, tears, teary
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So I could TEAR it off you.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
That we can all support each other.
And then maybe l'll TEAR up a little.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
before my nipples TEAR
through my shirt.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
and that's when
you just TEAR them a new one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
One TEAR? Two TEARs? How many?
This has to be convincing.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
English to Somali Dictionary: tear
Meaning and definitions of tear, translation in Somali language for tear with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tear in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tear"
What tear means in Somali, tear meaning in Somali, tear definition, examples and pronunciation of tear in Somali language.