Noun(1) music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment(2) a short musical composition with words
Adjective(1) relating to or designed for or using the singing voice(2) having or using the power to produce speech or sound(3) given to expressing yourself freely or insistently(4) full of the sound of voices
(1) They played different kinds of music, some vocal , others more instrumental, and all had their own loyal groups of followers and supporters.(2) Since I have become a little hard of hearing, my threshold for clearly hearing vocal speech is a little different from that of most people.(3) The guitar tone is spot on for Pat's sound and the vocal track moves with the guitar in synchronized harmony.(4) At the conclusion of his set, he gave a sincere thank-you to the audience and was met with a rather vocal call for an encore.(5) A less common subspecies generates vocal noises to signal intellectual superiority rather than just urbane sophistication.(6) Mechanical sounds constitute the most prominent elements of the species' displays, replacing vocal sounds for territorial advertisement.(7) Trained opera singers learn to use their voices by experimenting with the physical sensations specific vocal sounds make.(8) According to proponents of the technology, the variations of the human vocal tract ensure that each person's voice is spectographically individual.(9) Dunbar contends that humans evolved vocal grooming as a more efficient form of bonding.(10) These scores required singers with a beautifully produced, expressive sound and great vocal agility.(11) When Barber began work on the score of Vanessa in 1954, he was already regarded as one of the US's foremost composers of orchestral and vocal music.(12) The game was played in front of a very vocal Brazilian delegation cheering loudly for Argentina.(13) But in more rural areas where there is a less diverse mix of people, those afraid of difference become vocal and treat fellow humans badly.(14) Chretien has been rather vocal and somewhat cautious in his own comments about it.(15) While a vocal segment of public opinion expressed fear of becoming too closely aligned with the United States, the onset of the Cold War dictated otherwise.(16) Sekouba's lead vocal soars along new melodies of his own invention and in his own language.
(1) vocal cord :: xarigga codka
(2) vocal cords :: xadhko vocal
(3) vocal fold :: xeradan vocal
(4) vocal chords :: chords vocal
(5) vocal range :: kala duwan vocal
(6) vocal music :: music vocal
(7) vocal chord :: gooye vocal
(8) vocal solo :: Solo vocal
2. vociferous ::
3. outspoken ::
5. song ::
6. vocal music ::
nonvocal, vocal, vocalic, vocalist, vocalists, vocalization, vocalizations, vocalize, vocalizes, vocally, vocals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Look at you. Mouth open,
VOCAL chords a-twitter.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
That's also why
your VOCAL voodoo
didn't work on them--
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
I've been such a VOCAL champion
of The Singularity,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
English to Somali Dictionary: vocal
Meaning and definitions of vocal, translation in Somali language for vocal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of vocal in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "vocal"
What vocal means in Somali, vocal meaning in Somali, vocal definition, examples and pronunciation of vocal in Somali language.