Noun(1) the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event(2) an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii(3) the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward(4) a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
Verb(1) be awake, be alert, be there(2) stop sleeping(3) arouse or excite feelings and passions(4) make aware of(5) cause to become awake or conscious
(1) Even the ground over which a tank has driven shows where the track pressure has warmed it, like the wake of a ship.(2) What effect does this asymmetrical function of the dorsal and ventral tail lobes have on patterns of water flow in the wake ?(3) A testament to the high respect in which he was held was seen in the large attendance at his wake , removal and burial.(4) We picked up the first Mk-25 at a quarter-mile and then got a visual on the ship's wake .(5) the committee was set up in the wake of the inquiry(6) First, a wake was held at a funeral home in Sherman Oaks, with his body on display in an open casket.(7) After announcement of a death, a wake is held for friends and family.(8) Many students attend classes in split shifts, which forces them to wake at dawn.(9) A death in the Creole community is observed with an evening wake in the family's home.(10) One by one as we scurried them towards the tow-line and began to lever them into harness, they raised their muzzles and let out a yowl to wake the dead.(11) Bodies in the United States are usually kept in the funeral homes till the wake is done.(12) The single mum-of-three never knows if she will wake up to yet more damage and destruction on her doorstep.(13) Franklin had noticed that the wake of one ship he saw was particularly smooth, and was told that the cooks had probably just discharged greasy water through the scuppers.(14) When we motor into the channel, however, I can't help noticing that the mooring buoy is trailing a foaming wake as the outgoing tide thunders past the boat.(15) It notes that every aircraft generates a wake while in flight.(16) Pilots can avoid wake turbulence by allowing greater distance behind the heavy aircraft and their own, or by delaying takeoff for a few minutes.
(1) wake up :: toos
(2) to wake up :: si toos
(3) wake up early :: toos hore
(4) in the wake of :: ee Duke of
(5) in the wake :: ka dib
(6) wake the dead :: hurdada ka dhintay
(7) wake turbulence :: qas ka dib
(8) wake up to :: toos ay u
(9) wake to :: toosi si ay u
1. awake ::
2. rouse ::
3. activate ::
4. realize ::
5. evoke ::
6. wake up ::
7. fire up ::
8. vigil ::
9. backwash ::
10. viewing ::
11. aftermath ::
1. lull ::
wake, waked, wakeful, wakes, waking, wakings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
All Snow White needs
is one little kiss to WAKE up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
I WAKE up and I'm like, "Am I at Claire's?
Am I at Emily's?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
- Leonard, WAKE up.
- Huh? What...? Uh, sorry.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
Wake up when you want to WAKE up.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
Bran! Bran, WAKE up!
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to Somali Dictionary: wake
Meaning and definitions of wake, translation in Somali language for wake with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of wake in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "wake"
What wake means in Somali, wake meaning
in Somali, wake definition, examples and pronunciation
of wake in Somali language.