Noun(1) an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure(2) anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect(3) (anatomy, a lining or membrane(4) a difficult or awkward situation(5) a vertical (or almost vertical, as of a cave or mountain(6) a layer of material that encloses space(7) a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden(8) an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes
Verb(1) surround with a wall in order to fortify
(1) a wall of silence(2) the eastern wall of the valley(3) gable wall(4) we've come up against a wall of silence(5) we have to break down this wall of mistrust(6) a wall of soldiers(7) all they could see was a wall of flames(8) he curled a free kick around the wall for a late equalizer(9) Shevchenko steps up and promptly blasts the free-kick into the wall .(10) Dean Ashton was brought down on the edge of the Plymouth penalty area and Lunt hit the free kick through the wall .(11) stone wall(12) flash floods sent a six-foot wall of water through the village(13) the wall of the stomach(14) Nothing for the preservation of the area next to the wall , which would enhance the visual aspect of the latter.(15) Just down the walk, I found a hole knocked in a garden wall and a hundred bricks missing.(16) It was surrounded by a garden, which was surrounded by a ten-foot-thick wall of stone.
(1) on the wall :: derbiga dul
(2) cell wall :: derbiga cell
(3) brick wall :: derbiga leben
(4) retaining wall :: derbiga oo ilaashan
(5) wall clock :: derbiga saacad
(6) curtain wall :: derbiga daah
(7) climbing wall :: derbiga fuulitaanka
(8) city wall :: derbigii magaalada
(9) back wall :: derbiga dib
1. barrier ::
2. fortification ::
3. obstacle ::
4. paries ::
5. rampart ::
6. enclose ::
7. block ::
8. fence in ::
wall, walled, waller, wallies, walling, walls, wally
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Death marches on the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
♪ We built the Wall ♪
♪ We built the pyramids ♪
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
♪ We built the Wall
♪ We built the pyramids ♪
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
The Lady Melisandre told me
that death marches on the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
When you told me about
Bran going beyond the Wall,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Somali Dictionary: wall
Meaning and definitions of wall, translation in Somali language for wall with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of wall in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "wall"
What wall means in Somali, wall meaning
in Somali, wall definition, examples and pronunciation
of wall in Somali language.