Noun(1) the cause or intention underlying an action or situation, especially in the phrase `the whys and wherefores'
(1) why did you do that?(2) It perhaps explains why today I don't like to go to places that require me to use a map.(3) why don't I give you a lift?(4) A friend asked him why he went so far, and told him that there were plenty of others just as good nearer his home.(5) It is not enough to know the result of something, because it is necessary to figure out the reason why .(6) People said, "That's outrageous, why , that's silly. Common sense says that can't possibly be the truth.(7) Perhaps this explains why Chan was rejected by Richmond voters at the last election.(8) They are part of the reason why he turned down jobs outside of Dundee.(9) why is it that I have to do everything around here?(10) Perhaps that's why they didn't seem to have any true sympathy for how I felt.(11) why, that's absurd!(12) why not give it a rest?(13) Perhaps that's why they end up doing rather director-led conceptual stagings.(14) Perhaps it's why the West Coast has more helicopters than anywhere else in the country.(15) Perhaps this is why the twin towers did not inspire the same sort of affection reserved for other New York landmarks.(16) That was seen as the reason why previous moves by the bank had been attacked by media and politicians.
(1) why not :: sababta ma
(2) that's why :: in sababta
(3) that is why :: taasina waa sababta
(4) why is that :: waa maxay sababtu
(5) why so :: maxaad sidaas
(6) the reason why :: sababta
(7) reason why :: sabab
1. how come ::
2. for what reason ::
3. for what purpose ::
waayo, bal maxay
4. what for ::
waxa loogu talagalay
5. to what end ::
6. wherefore ::
7. wherefore ::
whee, why, whys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's WHY their eyes turned blue.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
- Yeah, WHY not?
- What if I choke on my popcorn?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Then WHY bathe him
and dress him in fine clothes?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
I'm not gonna tell you
WHY movie stars are the best.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
You understand WHY I did it?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
English to Somali Dictionary: why
Meaning and definitions of why, translation in Somali language for why with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of why in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "why"
What why means in Somali, why meaning
in Somali, why definition, examples and pronunciation
of why in Somali language.