Noun(1) the quality of having a superior or more favorable position(2) (tennis(3) benefit resulting from some event or action
Verb(1) give an advantage to
(1) The way in which the deregulation was done was faulty; it allowed interest seeking traders to take advantage to their own profit.(2) Henman races to three set points but Udomchoke gets a stay of execution as the Briton lets slip his advantage for deuce.(3) In such a world, it would be impossible to gain advantage from observation, since all competitors would see the same thing.(4) Against this may be made the argument that New Zealand already gains sufficient advantage from existing arrangements.(5) What are we likely to see here in the next presentation in Tempe to offset this tie, to gain advantage for either candidate?(6) It is indeed an advantage to this expanding town.(7) companies with a computerized database are at an advantage(8) The closeness of Swinford to Knock Airport should continue to be a huge advantage to the town in the future.(9) As firms gain advantage through the various sources of competitiveness, relative market share and profits increase.(10) Our higher ground position and the ridge wall gave us the advantage over Percy and his friend.(11) the advantage rule is quite complicated(12) This will help customers gain competitive advantage .(13) East Timor does have an advantage over countries that emerged from colonization during the 20th century.(14) she had an advantage over her mother's generation(15) The country, or countries, able to establish control over this vital resource will secure a major advantage over their international rivals.(16) the village's proximity to the town is an advantage
(1) take advantage of :: faa'idaystaan
(2) take advantage :: faa'idaystaan
(3) competitive advantage :: faa'iidada tartanka
(4) taking advantage :: faa'iidaysanaya
(5) comparative advantage :: Faa'iidada barbardhig
(6) advantage of :: Faa'iidada of
(7) absolute advantage :: Faa'iidada buuxda
(8) unfair advantage :: Faa'iidada caddaalad darro
(9) taking advantage of :: ka faa'iidaysanaya
1. benefit ::
2. upper hand ::
3. reward ::
4. vantage ::
1. disadvantage ::
2. drawback ::
3. handicap ::
4. liability ::
5. minus ::
6. penalty ::
7. strike ::
advantage, advantaged, advantages, advantaging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If they have that ADVANTAGE,
we neutralize it.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
I'm her friend. I'm not going
to take ADVANTAGE of her vulnerability.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
We're gonna use that
to our ADVANTAGE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
Cooking in a Chinese ship
only has one ADVANTAGE,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Somali Dictionary: advantage
Meaning and definitions of advantage, translation in Somali language for advantage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of advantage in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "advantage"
What advantage means in Somali, advantage meaning in Somali, advantage definition, examples and pronunciation of advantage in Somali language.