Noun(1) a state of extreme (usually irremediable(2) an event resulting in great loss and misfortune(3) an act that has disastrous consequences
(1) Hurricane Katrina will be the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history by a factor of five.(2) Nor is the bank rushing blindly into disaster in the event of a bid succeeding.(3) 159 people died in the disaster(4) Does it take a disaster of these proportions to convince us all to give so freely?(5) reduced legal aid could spell financial disaster(6) a disaster movie(7) Pete has a meditation on the space shuttle disaster .(8) It felt like trespassing onto the film set of a disaster movie.(9) At that time, we were doing Goddard and Fellini at film school and we weren't into Irvin Allen's disaster films.(10) He's had a very hard time. His current situation is a total disaster .(11) The horrific devastation caused by this tsunami may be the worst natural disaster in recent history.(12) "We did have a disaster recovery plan in place, " Bob says.(13) The suite contains the computers and equipment necessary to help a small business function in the event of a company disaster .(14) In 1957 a train disaster affected the lives of many people who lived in south London and Kent.(15) Like the best disaster film that's never been made, but no hero to give us the happy ending.(16) He is one of the most talented figures in the history of matte painting and a central figure in the disaster films of the 70s.
(1) natural disaster :: musiibada dabiiciga ah
(2) disaster area :: goobta musiibada
(3) fire disaster :: musiibada dabka
(4) disaster prevention :: ka hortagga musiibooyinka
(5) nuclear disaster :: musiibada nuclear
1. catastrophe ::
2. misfortune ::
oo musiiba ah
3. failure ::
4. cataclysm ::
1. hit ::
2. smash ::
3. success ::
4. winner ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
seems like courting DISASTER.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
A group of people who saw Robert Baratheon
for the DISASTER he was.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
So that was a DISASTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
Ugh, this is
such a DISASTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
I would, but the last wedding
we went to was a DISASTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
English to Somali Dictionary: disaster
Meaning and definitions of disaster, translation in Somali language for disaster with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of disaster in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "disaster"
What disaster means in Somali, disaster meaning in Somali, disaster definition, examples and pronunciation of disaster in Somali language.