Noun(1) a search for knowledge(2) an instance of questioning(3) a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest
(1) Our inquiry is inquisitorial, it is not adversarial in conduct or indeed character.(2) It is hoped the reconstruction will jog some memories and bring in some information to help the inquiry .(3) Today the detective leading the inquiry made a fresh appeal for witnesses to come forward.(4) However, this written evidence was not tested at the inquiry and so carries less weight.(5) Police said they were following a line of inquiry that one person was responsible for the crime.(6) A public inquiry and judicial review is awaited and a housing market crash looms ever closer.(7) Detectives launched a murder inquiry and carried out house-to-house inquiries.(8) But the police were pursuing several lines of inquiry linked to her job as a TV presenter.(9) This will generate yet more lines of inquiry for the press to explore.(10) As with all forms of information or methods of inquiry , both good and bad examples exist.(11) If the Hutton inquiry is any indication, the British hunger for information might be insatiable.(12) They also want to trace two teenage boys who might have information which could help with the inquiry .(13) In an investigation of this nature there will be hundreds of similar lines of inquiry .(14) The public inquiry held in January examined two applications for the development.(15) Police would like to speak to this man who may have witness information to assist the inquiry .(16) they were following a definite line of inquiry
(1) sales inquiry :: iibka baaritaan
(2) letter of inquiry :: warqad of baaritaan
(3) price inquiry :: qiimaha baaritaan
(4) inquiry office :: xafiiska baaritaan
(5) make a thorough inquiry :: wax weyddiiyo dhamaystiran
1. question ::
3. research ::
inquirer, inquirers, inquiries, inquiring, inquiry
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You clear a space on your calendar.
There will be an INQUIRY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
...which is required for cognitive
reasoning, including scientific INQUIRY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
I see. Apparently, my earlier INQUIRY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
I'm sorry, that's the end
of your INQUIRY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Point of INQUIRY: Why did you
put your car key in the door lock?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
English to Somali Dictionary: inquiry
Meaning and definitions of inquiry, translation in Somali language for inquiry with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of inquiry in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "inquiry"
What inquiry means in Somali, inquiry meaning in Somali, inquiry definition, examples and pronunciation of inquiry in Somali language.