- ka horprioressprioriespriorsjirtay
Noun(1) the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
Adjective(1) earlier in time
(1) Brother John, who became the prior at Mont-Cornillon in 1242, must have been the first male to whom Juliana spoke regarding her vision for the new feast.(2) Although some winners were unable to attend due to prior engagements or ill-health, the vast majority of the past recipients of the prestigious award were at the dinner.(3) The first abbot of Dunfermline was Geoffrey, prior of Canterbury, while David I's Cistercian foundation at Melrose was established by monks from Rievaulx.(4) One person who presented his ideas on the longitude was Jacques Graindorge, the prior of a Benedictine abbey in Fontenay near Caen.(5) Research has since confirmed the importance of prior knowledge to reading comprehension across a wide variety of situations.(6) It does appear that, due to the patient leaving the ward without prior notice to the staff nurse, this routine was not carried out.(7) There then follow 18 sub-paragraphs listing various actions or activities which are prohibited without the prior written consent of both shareholders.(8) What we are looking for is a prior statement inconsistent with her evidence.(9) The Chartreuse de Champmol was founded for twenty-four monks and a prior , which was twice the usual number in a typical Carthusian foundation.(10) Meanwhile, citizens with little prior exposure to the rudiments of democratic practices acquired repeated experience with voting.(11) The courts have also looked to the logical implications and extensions of their prior precedents in deciding whether a right is fundamental.(12) When the student returns, she must be reinstated to her prior status.(13) Mr. Naess was equally vague about details of his prior relationship with the complainant.(14) The announcement has been made at very short notice without any prior consultation and has been a tremendous shock to those using the services.(15) The seven subjects in this trial experienced the same general type of mild acute side effects described in the prior pilot clinical trial which used one-half of the dose in the current study.(16) Taize is a celibate, monastic community of men living under a common rule with Brother Roger as prior .
(1) prior to :: ka hor
(2) prior notice :: ogeysiis hore
(3) prior knowledge :: aqoon ka hor
(4) prior consent :: ogolaanshahaaga ka hor intaan
(5) prior approval :: ogolaanshaha ka hor
(6) prior art :: tahay ka hor
(7) prior restraint :: kursiga ka hor
2. previous ::
3. preceding ::
4. foregoing ::
5. antecedent ::
6. advance ::
7. anterior ::
prior, prioress, prioresses, priories, priors, priory
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'd rather people not know I have any
PRIOR connection to you whatsoever.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
Three weeks PRIOR to the job,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
Prior to Tuco,
that was your plan,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
'member any PRIOR--
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
...making my research, ipso facto,
PRIOR in the ordo cognoscendi.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
English to Somali Dictionary: prior
Meaning and definitions of prior, translation in Somali language for prior with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of prior in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "prior"
What prior means in Somali, prior meaning in Somali, prior definition, examples and pronunciation of prior in Somali language.