Noun(1) the person who plays that position on a football team(2) gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails(3) gear used in fishing(4) (American football
Verb(1) accept as a challenge(2) put a harness(3) seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
(1) Healy put in a superb crunching tackle in the first few minutes that set the tone for the evening.(2) Wiltord runs at Cisse and is relieved of the ball by a wonderful tackle from Cisse, who's having a fantastic game.(3) The measures were introduced as part of a drive to tackle soaring levels of anti-social behaviour.(4) A network of experts is being set up across the country to tackle bullying in schools.(5) Over the winter I have equipped myself with tackle suitable for catching large pike.(6) My tackle tends to be much heavier than in Summer as I often have a wind blowing into my face.(7) As I walk toward the car, she is handed a steel box of fishing tackle , small but heavy, requiring two hands to manage.(8) After that, he'll probably be the top backup tackle .(9) Without a legitimate starting defensive tackle on their roster, the Eagles must get one.(10) Everybody is athletic enough to make that last-ditch tackle or cover that gap when someone is a bit tired.(11) The terminal tackle is heavy to minimise the effort in casting and to keep the soft bait on the hook.(12) Then came the call of one of the local sailors who was fixing the tackle on the side of the ship.(13) There were many bargains to choose from which included, shotgun cartridges, fishing tackle and animal foods.(14) police have launched an initiative to tackle rising crime(15) They pumped out water and used ropes and tackle to lift and pull pieces of the aircraft apart to conduct a search for hazardous components.(16) A shortage of cutting tools and tackle seem to be holding them up.
(1) fishing tackle :: kalluumaysiga looga qabto
(2) sliding tackle :: saraysa looga qabto
(3) block and tackle :: block oo wax looga qabto
(4) slide tackle :: slide looga qabto
(5) tackle the problem :: looga qabto dhibaatada
1. gear ::
3. block ::
4. rigging ::
5. fishing gear ::
6. come to grips with ::
u timid inaad duuban oo leh
7. confront ::
8. take on ::
9. harness ::
tackle, tackled, tackles, tackling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You don't TACKLE the big issues, Ramona.
You fence with them. En garde. Riposte.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
- Breaks TACKLE.
- Go, go.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
Hey. Next, why don't we TACKLE
your penchant for whining...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
FYI, if you wear that into a bank,
they will TACKLE you to the ground.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
Was I supposed to TACKLE her?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
English to Somali Dictionary: tackle
Meaning and definitions of tackle, translation in Somali language for tackle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of tackle in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "tackle"
What tackle means in Somali, tackle meaning
in Somali, tackle definition, examples and pronunciation
of tackle in Somali language.