Noun(1) hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped(2) a sharp bend in a road or river(3) a length of pipe with a sharp bend in it(4) the part of a sleeve that covers the elbow joint(5) the joint of a mammal or bird that corresponds to the human elbow
Verb(1) push one's way with the elbows(2) shove one's elbow into another person's ribs
(1) Grabbing her other arm, he pulled the sleeve up to her elbow .(2) The sleeves ended between her elbow and her shoulder, and the overall effect was stunning.(3) A horde of journalists was camping outside the building, and Ann had had to push and elbow her way past them.(4) The dress puffed out below the waist, and had puffy sleeves, until the elbow , where they became skin-tight.(5) I wore a cotton swimming costume reaching to my knees and with sleeves to the elbow .(6) she propped herself up on one elbow(7) He came out of the Colts' shower area after the game wearing a large bandage on his elbow , a sleeve over his lower leg and a towel.(8) I narrowed my eyes and pushed the trolley past her, making sure to elbow her as I went past.(9) And I'm not entirely sure yet which is going to elbow the other aside.(10) The bell rang and Mr. Walker stood up and rolled up his sleeves to the elbow .(11) Taking a deep breath, she rolled her sleeves up to the elbow and, wincing a little, reached all the way inside the hole.(12) The elbow is a joint that serves to move the distal extremity to position the hand for fine motor activities.(13) Now, I shove and elbow and do karate moves and eye gouges just to get down the hallway.(14) With the knife held like a pen between his fingers, Matt slid his sleeve up to his elbow .(15) Under it she wore a crisp white shift whose sleeves puffed at the elbow .(16) On each occasion a kink, jerk or quirk was evident in his action that seemed to come from the straightening of a bent elbow .
(1) elbow grease :: dufan xusulka
(2) tennis elbow :: xusulka tennis
(3) elbow joint :: si wadajir ah xusulka
(4) elbow pipe :: biibiile xusulka
(5) elbow macaroni :: makarooni xusulka
1. elbow joint ::
si wadajir ah xusulka
2. cubitus ::
3. push ::
4. shove ::
5. force ::
6. shoulder ::
7. jostle ::
8. barge ::
9. muscle ::
10. bulldoze ::
elbow, elbowed, elbowing, elbows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Just to be on the safe side, am I
in any danger of getting juggler's ELBOW?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 22
Elbow macaroni with ground hamburger
and tomato sauce.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
I may have broken her nose
with my ELBOW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
lf you wanna hold his ELBOW.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to Somali Dictionary: elbow
Meaning and definitions of elbow, translation in Somali language for elbow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of elbow in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "elbow"
What elbow means in Somali, elbow meaning
in Somali, elbow definition, examples and pronunciation
of elbow in Somali language.