- fanaaniintawaxaana Go'ay Xidhiidhkiinniifancilyfancying
Noun(1) something many people believe that is false(2) imagination or fantasy; held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination(3) a predisposition to like something
Verb(1) imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind(2) have a fancy or particular liking or desire for
Adjective(1) not plain; decorative or ornamented
(1) Few pundits could resist comparing high dotcom stock prices to the historic craze for fancy flowers.(2) I fancy a stiff drink this lunchtime to steady my nerves!(3) The BCS trophies are pretty elaborate and fancy looking, while the plaque you get for winning the Mountain West conference is just okay.(4) Synge could have done with an editor to shorten some of his flights of fancy .(5) Crowds of people were already there, all wearing fancy dresses and expensive looking suits.(6) He considers my idea of priesthood just a fancy .(7) She talked so much about birth, that, for a moment, I half fancied and with pain - but, what an idle fancy to suppose that she could think or care what mine was!(8) I know you want me to have this big fancy wedding with six hundred people but I don't want that.(9) If you fancy a quick getaway there may be some space available in her Patrick's Day special, which gets underway on Tuesday next March 15.(10) To my mind running a decent railway has little to do with fancy technology and everything to do with system.(11) So, if you fancy a night on the tiles with the added bonus of contributing to a very worthy cause, get your dancing shoes on and head for the Heritage on Friday November 12.(12) Well, consider how much you've invested in a fancy theater system with a big-screen television and high-fidelity speakers.(13) Now the reason we decided to get married was not for the big fancy wedding reception or for the ring or for the presents.(14) On the right were two magnificent French doors with fancy windows on decorating the wall.(15) On the less serious side, outrageously expensive afternoon teas in fancy hotel become de rigueur.(16) The wise man, however, spoke of love, not a passing fancy .
(1) fancy dress :: dharka, malana
(2) fancy restaurant :: makhaayad, malana
(3) fancy man :: nin, malana
(4) fancy woman :: naag, malana
(5) fancy girl :: gabar malana
(6) fancy footwork :: Larger
(7) flight of fancy :: duulimaadka ah, malana
(8) fancy pattern :: hannaankii, malana
(9) fancy women :: haweenka, malana
1. elaborate ::
2. liking ::
3. illusion ::
4. fondness ::
5. think ::
6. take to ::
7. figure ::
fancies, fancily, fancy, fancying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Didn't they teach you that
at FANCY lad school?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
you're gonna lose Priya
to some FANCY guy in a turban
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
...your FANCY patter,
and your tight hoochie pants...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
You must allow them
their flights of FANCY.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
planned on getting married
in a big FANCY wedding,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
English to Somali Dictionary: fancy
Meaning and definitions of fancy, translation in Somali language for fancy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fancy in Somali and in English
Tags for the entry "fancy"
What fancy means in Somali, fancy meaning
in Somali, fancy definition, examples and pronunciation
of fancy in Somali language.