Noun(1) people who are no longer living(2) a time when coldness (or some other quality associated with death
Adjective(1) no longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life(2) not showing characteristics of life especially the capacity to sustain life; no longer exerting force or having energy or heat(3) very tired(4) unerringly accurate(5) physically inactive(6) (followed by `to'(7) devoid of physical sensation; numb(8) lacking acoustic resonance(9) not yielding a return(10) not circulating or flowing(11) not surviving in active use(12) lacking resilience or bounce(13) out of use or operation because of a fault or breakdown(14) no longer having force or relevance(15) the complete stoppage of an action(16) drained of electric charge; discharged
Adverb(1) quickly and without warning(2) completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers
(1) The degree of public support these workers had was an amazing spectacle - the stores were absolutely dead .(2) And the story of her and Bob at the VW Bus weekend was dead funny too, especially when she acted out the parts of some of the people she met!(3) In any case, unless there's some clear photo from tonight, I think this issue may be dead .(4) Don't sign any software agreement until you have read the fine print carefully, otherwise you could one day find yourself with a very dead computer.(5) It will take away from the classic perspective of looking at city hall dead on.(6) The postwar alliance that once structured and indeed defined our world is dead .(7) He turns me around, jerking my chin up to look into his dead , black eyes.(8) Before she could say anything, however, his eyes rolled up into his head and he fainted dead away at her feet.(9) Jim stepped away from the cold embers of the dead fire and walked into the jungle.(10) The pair were telling him what they had found on the planet when the transmission went dead .(11) Since disaster struck the students have been making frantic phone calls only to be greeted by dead silence.(12) Honoring the war dead , of course, is a natural act of mourning.(13) It's been almost a year now and there has been pretty much dead silence on the matter.(14) He demonstrated that even on dead pitches a degree of aggression can bring dividends.(15) There was a dead silence on the court for a few moments before Flynn's roar woke the officials up.(16) The Atlantic alliance that won the Cold War is virtually dead .
(1) dead and gone :: dhintay iyo jiheysteen
(2) drop dead :: daadiyaa dhintay
(3) dead end :: dhamaadka dhintay
(4) dead or alive :: dhintay ama noolyahay
(5) the dead :: dhintay
(6) dead body :: meydkiisa
(7) dead space :: meel bannaan oo dhintay
(8) not dead :: ma dhintay
(9) dead silence :: aamusnaanta dhintay
(10) dead zone :: zone dhintay
2. barren ::
3. obsolete ::
4. not working ::
5. numb ::
6. emotionless ::
8. uneventful ::
9. complete ::
10. unerring ::
11. idle ::
oo aan waxtar lahayn
13. utter ::
14. bushed ::
16. stagnant ::
18. directly ::
si toos ah
20. absolutely ::
1. alive ::
2. animate ::
3. breathing ::
4. going ::
5. live ::
6. living ::
7. quick ::
deg deg ah
dead, deader, deadest
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Dead men don't need silver.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
She could have been DEAD for all we knew.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
We thought you were DEAD.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
Thanks to you,
the false king Stannis Baratheon is DEAD.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
Your friend's DEAD and Meryn Trant's not
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
English to Somali Dictionary: dead
Meaning and definitions of dead, translation in Somali
language for dead with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dead in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'dead'
What dead means in Somali, dead meaning
in Somali, dead
definition, examples and pronunciation
of dead in Somali language.