Noun(1) the subject matter of a conversation or discussion(2) something (a person or object or scene(3) a branch of knowledge(4) some situation or event that is thought about(5) (grammar(6) a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation(7) a person who owes allegiance to that nation(8) (logic
Verb(1) cause to experience or suffer or make liable or vulnerable to(2) make accountable for(3) make subservient; force to submit or subdue
Adjective(1) possibly accepting or permitting(2) being under the power or sovereignty of another or others(3) likely to be affected by something
(1) The idea of having his child did not frighten me as much as the thought of myself being forced to marry him or subject a child to his treatment.(2) There was a punter somewhere in Britain whose name I forget but whose strange activities were the subject of some publicity many years ago.(3) It is also subject to environmental approval and the negotiation of a satisfactory dredging contract.(4) they changed the subject(5) English is my favourite subject(6) subject to certain conditions(7) to be subject to sb(8) The guided part of the project is the subject of a public inquiry which started this week.(9) He is God, and therefore not subject to the laws and limitations which he has imposed upon us as our sovereign.(10) Sub-Saharan Africa, for example, is not generally the subject of short-term speculation.(11) First, there may be a change of mind or a regime change on behalf of the subject country.(12) In the philosophy of consciousness a subject has over against it a world of objects.(13) those territories were subject to the British Crown(14) the trains may be subject to delay(15) In fact, the airport is not subject to the same laws of the land as the rest of us.(16) compulsory subject
(1) subject to :: ku xiran
(2) subject line :: line maado
(3) subject to change :: isbadali
(4) subject pronoun :: yaalka maado
(5) subject-matter :: maado-arrin
(6) change the subject :: beddesho mawduuca
(7) subject area :: maado
(8) major subject :: maaddooyinka waaweyn
(9) this subject :: mowduucan
1. dependent ::
2. open ::
3. theme ::
4. branch of study ::
5. participant ::
6. citizen ::
7. liege ::
8. discipline ::
9. matter ::
10. topic ::
12. content ::
13. national ::
14. put through ::
dhigay iyada oo loo marayo
15. submit ::
16. subjugate ::
1. alien ::
subject, subjected, subjecting, subjection, subjects
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don't imagine
thinking about that SUBJECT
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
And also, while we're on the SUBJECT,
you recently changed your shampoo.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
just maybe you can help
me change the SUBJECT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
What SUBJECT do you teach
in the school, miss?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Now, can we please change the SUBJECT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
English to Somali Dictionary: subject
Meaning and definitions of subject, translation in Somali
language for subject with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of subject in Somali and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'subject'
What subject means in Somali, subject meaning
in Somali, subject
definition, examples and pronunciation
of subject in Somali language.